The Conservatives and Liberal Democrats have each made one gain on Welwyn Hatfield District Council, with Labour losing two seats.
In all, there were 17 of the 48 seats being contested during the May 4 local elections.
The results are as follows (= change):
- Conservative = 32 (+1)
- Labour = 12 (-2)
- Liberal Democrat = 3 (+1)
- Green = 1 (0)
In Brookmans Park and Little Heath
2,027 voted which was 67% of the 3,029 on the electoral register.
- Jennifer Mabel Blumsom (Liberal Democrat) = 286 votes
- John William Dean (Conservative) = 1630 votes (elected) HELD
- Margaret Helen White (Labour) = 111 votes
In Welham Green
1,061 voted which was 38% of the 2,780 on the register.
- Sheila Jean Archer (Liberal Democrat) = 156 votes
- Bridgit Tereasa Croft (Labour) = 198 votes
- Peter Ronald O’Brien (Conservative) = 707 votes (elected) HELD
You can discuss this issue in this site’s forum.
5 May 2006