History

Brookmans Park Newsletter
content created by the community for the community
www.brookmans.com


Home

Adverts
Business Directory
Calendar
Environment
Facebook
Forum
Gallery
History
Information
Links
News Archive
Twitter
Walks

Feedback

About us
Contact Us
Copyright
Cookie policy
Editorial policy
Forum agreement
Privacy policy


Served by
the Positive Internet Company
Positive Internet
Chancellor's School
Written in 1989 to mark the 25th anniversary of the school

Introduction and Index

Introduction
One morning in September 1964 children began walking through the gates of Chancellor's School for the first time. It marked the end of a campaign by parents and local residents for the village to have its own secondary school. Lilian Caras's history sets out the circumstances leading up to the building of the school and charts its development. Lilian has given permission for her book 'Chancellor's School - The Background' to be reproduced in full on this site. The limited edition book was written to mark the 25th anniversary of the school in 1989. Several pages of original photographs are listed below.

Index
Foreword and details about the author
Chapter One - The search for a site
Chapter Two - What happened to the rural children 1944-1964
Chapter Three - Construction - The first instalment
Chapter Four - The Completion

Photographs
Aerial views of the site 1947, the school in 1968 and 1980 click here
The assembly hall and the main teaching block 1964 and sixth form block 1980
Form photographs 1964/65 and staff photo summer 1966
Library block under construction and completed 1967
Science block and mathematics block 1980

Note: The original book, written by Lilian Caras, had a number of other sections covering the teaching staff, first pupils and lists of head girls and boys, chairmen of governors, governors and chairmen of the PTA, but these parts of the book are not reproduced here.


Search this site or the rest of the Internet
This site The Internet
Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0